What is a Number Series?
The arrangement of numbers in a specific order in which some numeral values are misplaced in the series and some go missing is known as number series. The candidates giving the competitive exams have to analyse and find the accurate numbers for the series. One needs to find the missing number in the series. The series is solved by an individual’s particular formula, tricks, and attitude. There can be multiple serial numbers in a series, such as contagious numbers, whole numbers, and natural numbers.
Following are the multiple types of number series-
Steps to solve Number Series
An applicant can solve the series by following these simple steps –
Ways to solve the number of series –
Applying easy ways and tricks to crack the number series is essential to save your time during competitive exams. One who manages the time in their examination does well in those tests. Before you learn how to solve the series, learn to practice and save time during preparations. Now that you are done with your preparations and finally reached the examination stage, check the types of series given in the question paper. After identifying the type of series, follow the below tricks to get s solution for the series within no time-
- Check if all the numbers in the series are even, odd, or prime.
- Look if the numbers in the series are perfect squares or perfect squares.
- Check if all the numbers in the series consist of equal divisibility.
- Look if all the numbers in the sequence are succeeding by some subtraction, addition, division or multiplication methods by a specific number or by adding their square or cubes.
- After going through the above tricks, whichever condition matches the sequential form, use formulas accordingly.
Number series are the sequential form of numbers, alphabets, or letters arranged in a defined order. The next number in a sequence is obtained by following some formulas, tricks, and rules. You can use the above information to solve the number series. The easiest way of finding out the missing number is by analysing the pattern of the series and then applying the formula accordingly. Since solving a number sequence requires knowledge and practice, an applicant must practice the series regularly if they want to save time on the day of the examination.